Select a topic to learn more about how computer science education changes everyday life.Jobs Learn how computer science affects jobs. Energy Learn how computer science affects energy. National Defense Learn how computer science affects national defense. Health Care Learn how computer science affects health care.
Who is Computing in the Core?
Computing in the Core is a non-partisan advocacy coalition of associations, corporations, scientific societies, and other non-profits seeking to elevate the national profile of computer science education in K-12 within the US and work toward ensuring that computer science is one of the core academic subjects in K-12 education.
- Senators Casey and Rubio Introduce Legislation to Bolster K-12 Computer Science Education August 1, 2013
- House Passes Student Success Act Including Support for CS July 19, 2013
- House Passes CS Amendment with Bipartisan Support July 18, 2013
- REPRESENTATIVES BROOKS AND POLIS INTRODUCE LEGISLATION TO BOLSTER K-12 COMPUTER SCIENCE EDUCATION June 27, 2013
- Computing in the Core Holds Annual Meeting May 3, 2013